"Chiping" the car

In my local motor group there are histories about high gains in power "chiping" (hacking) the original chips of the motor. Do you know if Subaru offers this kind of empowerment in his services? Thanks

Reply to
gamo

I have a Cobb Accessport and installed one of their maps on my 2004 STi and you can feel the difference. They have maps for both WRX and STi but not for "normal" vehicles as far as I know. Check their web site for details Jim

Reply to
Jim Sanchez

Hi, My idea on that after fooling around with that sort of things for some time. When you take medicine, it always comes with side effect. There is no such thing as perfect medicine. Likewise if you start on something like this, there is no end to it. You always gains some and lose some.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Subaru offers some performance parts for some their cars - but for 'significant' HP gains, one needs to look at the aftermarket 'tuner' stuff. It may include such things as open source or custom mapping of the ecu, larger pre and post turbo exhaust, larger turbo, higher flow injectors and larger fuel pumps, etc. Then there are brake upgrades and suspension upgrades too of course.

For a glimpse of some of these mods, spend some time reading at

.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan