Local Car Show Trend

Just spent a few minutes looking at the local (SC) all makes car shows this year. One thing I am starting to notice is that many of the shows are going "Pre-1972 Vehicles Only".

What kind of crap is that? What kind of classic car show is it going to be with no Ford F-150 Lightening and Dodge Rumble Bee trucks, no half-dozen

2004 Corvettes, no PT Cruisers or Ford Thunderbirds, no pimped out Nissan Pathfinders or Acura Integras???

Lee (about damn time)

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I quit going to one local show when a 1985 Blazer won best of show! The best of it was the babe driving it, but not the vehicle.

Dan White

Reply to
Dan White

Reply to
Robert Black

You see a lot of old 60's, 70's cars at shows around Florida. A lot of retiree's bring their pride and joy down and drive them around. A lot of 'work in progress' cars, and a lot of very strange idea cars... (as in 'what were they thinking when they cut off the top of the station wagon and welded in 13 foot of diamondplate?) Having attended shows for years in my work vehicle, as my project car was not roadworthy, I respect the effort to just get out there and go....warts and all... Jeff ( but my warts light up after dark ) Rice

"Robert Black" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I gar-un-tee there are folks at car shows who cringe when an old Studebaker rolls in. I think they're missing a big chance to broaden their interests and have even more fun with the old car hobby.

-Dick-

Reply to
Dick Steinkamp

Reply to
Robert Black

Well, there is that .

Funny thing is you probably see more Studebakers at a show than Mavericks. The Maverick might actually draw more attention because of that (especially if it was a V8 Grabber).

Those Mavericks were truly "disposable cars" and not many have survived (I know, I know...that's a good thing ).

-Dick-

Reply to
Dick Steinkamp