Continuation of 1996 Legacy Outback Electrical problem, more help!!

Just an update, as you will remember the car suffered a voltage drop when ever I pressed the brake pedal at ilde. Regardless of what accessories were running, I got a voltage drop.

I changed the alternator for the heck of it. I still am getting the volatage drop and dimming of what ever lights are on when press the brake pedal. Battery is brande new and puts out correct voltage.

Here is what I have found. On the drivers side left strut housing in the engine compartment, there are a few grounds that connect to the top of it and one of those ground wires is broken. I am wandering if this could be a problem?

Where are other grounds I could check.

Thanks for the boards help, lots of good info.

Any more suggestions? My knowledge of electrical work is poor.

Matt

Reply to
fly1747