Emergency Brake Clicks

Hi! Fairly recently, it seems like my emergency brake doesn't make a loud 'click' anymore when I apply it. It still clicks in place, but they are quite a bit softer and almost seems as if it's not going to lock anymore.

Before this gets to be a real problem, I was wondering if anybody has any ideas.

Thanks!

Reply to
wiz561

Emergency brakes do need periodic adjustment. I don't know the details, but it's part of rear brake servicing.

It might be helpful to post the year mileage and model of your vehicle and others may be able to give you more focused answers.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

If it's old, the pawls may be clogging up with lint and dirt.

Reply to
David

Ah, yeah... I suppose that would help! :)

It's a 2006 Outback Sport, with about 29,000 miles on it. I use it constantly because it's a manual transmission. I have always put it on whenever I'm parking, but lately, I've just been leaving it in

1st.

Thanks!

Reply to
wiz561

That an extremely in-warranty vehicle ya got there. :-)

I'm not sure if I'm alone, but if it's in warranty, I take a "not my problem" approach to possible mechanical fault issues and have the dealer do their job and adjust/clean whatever's not happy.

I'd do the next oil change at the dealer and ask them to have a look at it and fix it. :-)

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Usually, I like to take it in only if it's a really bad problem. The dealership for me is quite a trip, and I would spend a lot of time driving back and forth. Plus, I like doing things on my own if it's something simple or easy so I know how to fix it next time. :-)

I might take it in if I can't figure it out. But it's always nice to know what the problem is and how it's fixed. ;-)

Thanks!

Reply to
wiz561