Forester moonroof

I am on the market for a 2005 Subaru Foreter Special Edition with the large moonroof and I would like to know if there is a risk of leaking problems with a big moonroof. Any owners with bad experiences ???

Reply to
Dan

I live on the edge of the Mojave desert, so the seals have been well baked in the noon day sun while at work. We have recently had some unusually heavy rains, and so far so good. No leaks at all.

2005 Forester XT (USA)
Reply to
ZZ

I have a 2001 S and live in NY. No problems yet.

Dan wrote:

Reply to
thestick

2004 forester xt with big sunroof and no problems at all.
Reply to
Rat

It rains a lot here. No problems with an '04.

Reply to
Paul Knudsen

I actually have a 2004/2005 liberty wagon with those huge sun-moon/roof. Seems good so far. Had some little vibration noise at the start.. but seems to have disappeared. My only disappointment was that it didn't come tinted.

Reply to
KORy

I live in scotland and have a 2002 turbo. It rains here most days and no leaks at all.

Floyd

--

Floydster

AMEN to that ! Does anyone know why Subaru (USA) seems to be the only manufacturer that has decided NOT offer a factory tinted glass as an option like every other US importer/manufacturer seems to do?

Reply to
ZZ

You mean for the windows? (as opposed to the sunroof).

The windows are not tinted because only trucks are allowed to have the back windows tinted. The Forester is classified as a station wagon. In some states, it is not legal to get them tinted.

-R.

Reply to
Richard Chang

Hiya

I was referring to the sunroof glass. It was a bit odd that they dont come tinted standard. Had a civic previously, and the sunroof that came with that had pretty dark tints.

Kory

Reply to
KORy

We bought a '05 Forester X SE on April 16th. Can't really comment on the possibility of leaks - no problems yet including during a majopr downpour yesterday afternoon. Love the moonroof. As for tinting, hey, isn't that what the sunshade is for?!?

Reply to
Mike Nash

The STi's normal glass isn't tinted per-se, but it certainly blocks the sun very nicely. If I look closely, the glass does look darker and it turns out that's on purpose to improve visibility for those people who would otherwise be dazzled by bright sunlight.

I can *almost* go without sunglasses on a bright day. =] Kinda cool actually. Course, there's no such thing as a moonroof on an STi unless you cut one in yourself, but I thought I'd contribute.

Reply to
k. ote

I have an '05 Forester XT (USA) with the extra large moonroof.. I took delivery in late 2004. FYI: I live on the edge of the Mojave desert where summer temps reach

115°F in the summer and down to 30°F in the winter. Car is outside and uncovered 5 days a week while I'm at work. Baking in the summer and chilling in the winter. We do get rain in late winter, and an occassional thunderstoms in the summer, plus a bi-weekly run through a carwash. No leaks.
Reply to
QX