Impreza 1996 leaky sunroof

Hi,

Can anyone help me? I've just bought a 1996 impreza turbo estate and I have noticed that after I wash the car there is water inside the sunroof tray. The water is getting in through the rubber seal, which has lifter and the metal rim around the glass has rusted. I approached my local subaru dealer who told me that 1996 imprezas were never fitted with a sunroof and that it was known for them to be fitted by the dealers when they arrived in the UK. The sunroof is made by Vermeulen - Hollandia but this company only seems to be based in the USA. Has anyone had this problem before or do you know how to fix it? any help / advice would be much appreciated !

Thanks for your time,

James

Reply to
JM