Help: infiniti i30 1996, odometer stops

I just purchased infiniti i30 , 1996 from a person. Soon after bought it, I realized the odometer didn't rotate (while, accurately, it rotate sometimes). Called a dealer and they said it didn't look like someone demaged it on purpose. someone said this model is very close to maxima. What could be the reason, and how to correct it?

thanks.

Reply to
Real Computing

It happens. Sometimes the worm gear strips and sometimes the stepper motor fails. There are several places you can send the cluster to have it repaired and calibrated.

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
John Smith