New Impreza

I am about to order a new 05 UK Impreza WRC. Options I am choosing are Quickshift Gearchange, Prodrive rear box, either STi Spoiler or a Prodrive one as fitted to the UK300. see

My dealer does a reasonable option of powder coated wheels in more or less any colour you choose. I am thinking of a WRC Blue Car with a black/graphite shade of alloy and blue mudflaps. Has anyone got one similar and if so do you have any pictures? Altenatively does anyone have an opinion of the spec.

Thanks

Reply to
SteveO

"SteveO" kirjoitti viestissä:cnoera$4vh$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com...

Hi SteveO

I`m just receiving my new WRX here in Finland. I have order it without any options from Subaru, but have ordered already a set of similar things you mention from part suppliers not Subaru dealer. I would like to advice you, for not spending too much money on those manufacturers options. Have a look at

and
Those have different options that fit your car and you dont have to spend so much monet either.

I have ordered following set:

- Prodrive rear exhaust

- Downpipe from Scoobysport

- Uppipe from

(you`ll find similar from Scooby)

- Intake I/C hose

- Middle sections exhaust

- Ecutek program and setting it up

- Dumpvalve

- Prodrive springs (25% stiffer - 40mm)

With these options you`ll get easily up to 280hp from flywheel. The shortshifter is a different thing. I recommend KartBoy`s model that is simple, cheap and easy to install. Spoilers can be found from many locations. Take a look at ebay and there you`ll find a lot of different models. I would recommend STI type 5 spoiler which is very nice. Pay attention to the finishing, because the painwork is very difficult if not done well.

For wheels I like myself gunmetal 18" inch 235/40/18. Subaru is difficult car to buy wheels, please note that you will never even consider wheels without the proper ET size which is 53 but even 49 - 55 ET can be applied. This is very important!!

If you like to make changes to chassis, just buy Prodrive`s stiffer set of springs that increases tension up tp 25%. I wouldn`t recommend STI springs, because you need to change dumpers as well. I assure that those WRX Prodrive springs are hard enough and will lowe you car appr. 40mm.

Hope this helps!

Reply to
JP

Thanks JP. Never really considered going elsewhere for bits. Ive ordered a WRX and visited the scoobysport site. They have a dealer about

2 miles form where i work, so im gonna buy wheels/tyres/spoiler/mudflaps from him and save some money.

Thanks

Reply to
SteveO

Hi SteveO

Let it snow let it snow let it snow.... its a lot of snow here and more is coming. I love my new WRX and cant say anything bad about it. I hope you`ll get yours soon. The "real" 4 wheel drive is really something.

JP

"SteveO" kirjoitti viestissä:co0g88$qrn$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com...

Reply to
JP