New Impreza is SWEEET!

I just saw the 08's. NICE!

Gone is the pucker nose! Possibly the best looking Impreza series ever. The WRX and Outback Sport look terrific.

I miss my Subie, and my wife's Wrangler is next for replacement. Gotta' get her to drive an Impreza.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

totally agree in spite of many contrary opinions ...

Reply to
alf

I love my '07 pignose. The 08 looks as boring and has absolutely no RALLY look to it at all. The only Subaru that has the flared fenders is the WRX STi, and that is a hatchback, which is, in my opinion, a big mistake.

Reply to
Stoneman

Not important to me, as I won't be rallying.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Oh, I wouldn't say that. Have a look at this:

Mk IV

I have an 06 and prefer to think of the front as a Samurai Warrior's Face - better than 'some' of the names given it!

I think the new look is a little more mazda-focus looking but perhaps the performance is better with the new rear suspension?

I'm certainly not trading in for looks alone, and I doubt the perf. is better enough to get me outta my wagon. I love my car.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I agree. I still think the '98 - '01 2.5 RS is the best-looking of the late-model Subies..... A Blue Ridge Pearl '01 RS sedan would be a great car. But the new Impreza is MUCH nicer-looking in person than in the photos, and the interior (especially on the Premium versions) is VERY nice and vastly upgraded. Personally, I like hatchbacks. I don't like the rear styling of the new sedan but the hatchback is really sharp and makes much more sense, utility-wise, in a car this size.

Dan D '99 Impreza 2.5RS (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58