Outback 2003 - tailgate access "door" slider

My Outback 2003 H6 is missing the little "door" slider that opens the little fiber door in the inside tailgate drivers side which gives access to lights inside of the tailgate.

The parts man at my local Subaru dealer found it after looking on the computer for 40 minutes. I made him unhappy when I told him that $10 was too much to pay for it (I would grin and bear my Subie with a missing part for that price but I would rather that she was complete.)

Is there someplace where I can get this less expensively? (It is gray plastic.)

Thanks David

Reply to
David

Junkyard. Probably the saem part is in Legacy wagins of the same year range. Or try

but with shipping, even if thy're only $6 it may be more than your dealer.

Could something be fabricated from wood or metal? make 2 so both sides match!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Look for the slider inside the tailgate. I found mine in there and so did my friend.

Good luck!

AS

David wrote:

Reply to