1998 Stratus. Binding door slider on driver's door

On my 1998 Stratus, there is a black bar that slides inside the door. It is located between the hinges.

This bar binds and makes a *popping* sound as it slides. I have tried to lubricate it at the point that it slides into the door, but it hasn't helped.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

door.

tried

the "door check strap" has to be replaced,the part is about $30.

IIRC the door panel has to be removed to replace it. 2hrs. labor charge here.

Reply to
TNKEV

2 hrs ? wow that seems like allot. Why so much?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Is this *door check strap* something I could replace myself? I have had the panel off before, so I know that I can get that far in the process.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

Yes you can do it yourself