Re: Check Engine light

I have a 1999 Subaru Outback Sport with about 80,000 miles. The check engine light came on. I put the gas cap back on as instructed in the manual and it went off for a while. Now it is back on steady. I had the catalytic converter replaced at 59,000. What should I do? Have a question for you you mention your "cataylitic converter" was replaced at 59,000 miles was it defective from the manufacturer? or was it changed because of something that led up to it failing like a running rich condition up in the engine or a bad sensore or other that caused it to fail?

Reply to
johnin

I had taken the car in to my Subaru dealer for regular service and the mechanic informed me that it needed to be replaced. Since at the time the car had less than 60,000 miles, I was told that it was covered under the warranty. That's all I really know about it.

Reply to
Richard