Re: Judging clutch wear with fluid level?

> ...So here are the questions. Can the clutch wear be observed by a > change in the level of the clutch fluid in the same way one can watch > brake fluid drop as pads wear?

Yes, for the same reason it does with a brake system (because the master cylinder piston ports to the reservoir with the pedal in the up position

- new fluid moves in to make up for the increased volume at the slave cylinder).

Also, with a hydraulic clutch, will > the pedal engagement height rise as the clutch wears?

No, for the same reason it doesn't in a brake system (again, because the master cylinder piston ports to the reservoir with the pedal in the up position - new fluid moves in to make up for the increased volume at the slave cylinder). Bill Putney (to reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my address with "x")

Reply to
Bill Putney