Starting after extended time

I went on vacation some time ago and left my WRX sitting on my steep driveway for about one week. When I returned and started the car it was making noise indicating that the oil was not where it needed to be. I drove slowly and after a few blocks things returned to normal and everything has been fine for about nine months.

With older cars, before fuel injection, I used to disconect the wire leading to the solonoid? so the car wouldn't turn over and the oil would be pumped up. Can you do that now or with fuel injection would you flood the engine?

How is type of thing done with fuel injection?

Thanks, IDG

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
IDG

synthetic oil, 'castrol magnatec' or equivalent, or simply park in a flat spot. either way, not running it for a week is going to let most of the oil drain.

perhaps start it up, roll down to street level, and let it idle there for a while if you have a steep driveway? wouldn't advise driving it at all if it's making no-oil noises; even slowly. should start pumping pretty much straight away, and putting the car on a flat surface instead of a steep surface can only help it along.

-mark

Reply to
mark jb

Remove Crank sensor prior to starting it up .Once removed , crank Engine to get oil pressure up. Replace sensor and eh presto, jobs a good one.

Reply to
Steve Davies

for about one week.

oil was not where it needed to be. I drove slowly and after a few blocks things returned to normal and everything has been fine for about nine months.

Normal. It's happened to me a couple of times. Oil drains out of the lifter buckets causing the valves to clatter outrageously.

Despite the noise I don't think it does any damage.

to the solonoid? so the car wouldn't turn over and the oil would be pumped up. Can you do that now or with fuel injection would you flood the engine?

Reply to
Jim Stewart