LL Bean fuel economy

Anyone have an LL Bean edition Subaru? I need to know what fuel mileage you are getting. Someone, not me, has a new Bean and is only getting 6 mpg in town. This seems just a little low to me. TIA

Reply to
johninKY

Every car I've owned has gotten the epa rating or slightly better so the LLbean should yields about 20-22 mpg and higher on long trip or mostly highway driving. My Forester gives me ~ 24 mpg in suburban driving when I don't use the AC and about 22 with AC on during the summer. You say 6 mpg?? something is wrong with the car but, more likely the driver in my opinion.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

holy crud! 6mpg... my toyota truck with 33's and a turbo gets 24mpg is the CEL on? somethings wrong with the emisssions for it to be that low... youd get more than 6mpg with the pedal to the floor...

maybe the air filter and O2 sensor and some other stuff need replaced

john> Anyone have an LL Bean edition Subaru? I need to know what fuel mileage

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

Suggest you park on a pan and collect all the gas you're leaking or check in evenings to see if neighbors are syphoning gas ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank

was it LL Bean Subaru or LL Bean MC Hummer ? ;)

Reply to
daszkiew2000

The driver makes a difference, but not *that* much of a difference. 6 mpg is close to what modern Formula One cars do on some of the more open tracks and it would probably be impossible to get a road car capable of

20+ mpg down to that level. Repeated full throttle acceleration 0 - 60 followed by maximum braking wouldn't do it. You'd still be looking at proabbly the high side of 10 - 15 mpg.

The only way to do it would be to have some very large amount of drag there all the time. Towing a *very* large trailer, for example, or driving with the brakes on. Well, I guess that would be the driver :-)

Reply to
Bruce Hoult

I'm wondering if the "6 mpg" was a fooler to get our attention. Maybe it was suppose to be 16 mpg? Even if 16 mpg I would first blame the driver.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I have a 2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R Limited (Canadian edition similar to LL Bean). For the first 15 000 miles, I got 12 Litres per 100 Kilometers meaning 18.9 american galons to the mile. This is for a mixed use (town and country). "johninKY" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Jacques Bilodeau

I have an 05 Bean & it gets around 22. Let me say that it is VERY easy to drive like a maniac in this car. While it doesn't have the same first gear pep that the turbo model has, the rest of the gears are very pleasing. And, BTW, I am quite happy that we took the Bean and not the turbo, though both use premium fuel. That being said, you can drive it hard and pay the price of reduced mileage. Best bet is to test drive one and watch the continuously updated MPG indicator next to the clock. You will easily be able to see how your driving patterns will affect mileage.

My in-laws have a Durango. They are wishing they had a Bean as well (they love it), this being from dedicated Dodge fans...

Best of luck. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

C.

Reply to
Cha!

I thought the LL Bean model required 87 octane fuel and not premium.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Reply to
Cha!

Where do people get this crap!!!!!! Use cheap fuel - car will run fun no damage will occur. "they can check the computer"--Get real!!!!

Reply to
bigjim

Subaru states that the LLBean model is to use 87 octane fuel and not

91.
Reply to
Edward Hayes

I recently purchased a 2006 Forester 2.5X with the auto transmission, (not LL Bean but same engine) and am getting 25-27 mpg, mostly highway, some city driving.

Reply to
jdh

Thanks for all the replies. Been a while since I looked at this posting. I'll relay the data to the Bean owner. Hope everyone has a good year.

Reply to
johninKY