The 92 Subaru Loyale 1.8 FWD is still running... CHECK ENGINE LITE..

Hi gang.. Havent posted in awhile, last time I posted at 290,000.00 miles my 92 Subaru with a 1.8 squirrel driven motor is still running. The stories I have told. Now she has 350,000 on it. .

Check engine lite not a problem, put a piece of black tape over the lite, I guess I fixed the problem that way, everything is still running great CHECK ENGINE LITE YEA RITE.....

Body work inexpensive, replaced two fenders by unbolting some bolts, and found two that had the same paint job but no rust, rebolted same.. Cost 50.00 for both fenders. Cost of labor 0 on my part.

Heater Core stopped working at about 200,000 miles, I live in Massachusetts so disconnected my AC and and hooked it up to the radiaor instead (dont need ac) in Mass. Great Heat... Cost 0 dollars.

Had to replace my original radiator.. ( I had put pepper in it to stop the leaks which worked to a point, but finally bought a new Radiator, fairly simple undo some bolts, hoses and throw in a new one.. cost 99.00

Starter was giving me problems went to junk yard took the starter solenoid off another subaru and put it on mine, cost 5.00.. still works..

N. Safety switch, (that was expensive 50.00.

Numerous oil changes at least 4 times a year. Air filter changed at least twice, spark plugs once a year. Wires, I am on my 3rd set now. Minimal costs.

Few Years ago, a Ford Bronco decided to take on my subaru back bumper and the bronco got the worst of it (took out some of his front end pretty good) Mine slite bump in the bumper pretty good....

Subaru has been side swiped rear very little damage, and a tangle with a ford taurus, she was backing up and hit my front bumper very little damge.

C/V axles, had to replace one boot with a quick boot, replaced the other one. Currently working on my 2nd set of axles.

Timing belts. every 60,000 miles or else it doesnt run.. believe ME.... the only real flaw in the motor... One time I was on 95 in RI when..... I could have shot the motor forsure. ..

Keeps on running... I probably have the only FWD Subaru YES they did make them at one time on the road...

Reply to
frank ray

That's great - congrats!

I had a 84 GL that I put 232K on. It was T-boned by a buick, but if it weren't it would have kept going a lot longer.

They are great little cars. Can't beat that boxer engine design..

Remco

Reply to
Remco

So, do you know why the "help me" light is on? It probably is complaining about something you have no intention of fixing, but it would be nice to know.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

The amazing thing is that these cars have NO value, I sold my 92 Loyale sedan FWD, it was in absolutely MINT condition, with an auto and full power package, it only had 60K miles on it, and I changed the timing belts, water pump, and front and cam seals too. so it was %100, The best I could get was $1300.00 and it was like a brand new car.

Reply to
jerryeveretts

Very little resale value but fun to drive... I did manage to finally yank the original 02 sensor out cleaned it, checked the wiring scraped the contacts and put it back,, check engine lite is off for rite now.. Motor still runs the same lollls.... One thing that has always made me laugh the subaru company put a rear spoiler on the wagon version, looks great but not a car that needs one forsure..

A 92 sub Loyale FWD has really no resale value only thing it is a thing of love or as my daughter calls it the LOST LARUU (after that movie of a mouse which destroys a house during an auction which was owned by two brothers I forget the title).. lools.. ...

Reply to
RAY

"Mouse hunt"?

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I will say, that the love we had for our Loyale is the EXACT reason we bought an outback, the only problem with the Loyale, and the reason we sold it, was it had no overdrive with the automatic, so highway traveling was a chore at best.

Reply to
jerryeveretts