check engine lite

What are the problems that are usually involved with the check engine lite? Mine just came on in my 95 xj. I'm not up on all the new things that they seem to put in these things. The oil is ok and the antifreeze is looking good. Any ideas ??

Jimmie:

Reply to
JIM LAIRD

L.W.(ßill)

Bill: thanks for your reply. This is a new computer and I have been setting it up so I did not get back to the news group till late to night .I'll check it out in the morning and let you know. I did notice that if it does idle for a while that is when the check engine light will come on. Now when I jumped in and started it this morning it was gone . I'll try the code check deal and let you know. Thanks again for your reply

Jimmie:

Reply to
JIM LAIRD

Make sure the gas cap is tight too. That can set off the light.

Mike

JIM LAIRD wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain