Tire Question ???

Hi, I own a 2001 Outback Limited Wagon. I recently noticed that I had a nail in the sidewall of my left rear tire. Upon going to the tire dealer, I was told that the Firestone Wilderness is no longer available. Also if I was going to replace the one tire I should replace the other rear tire too. The tires have 25,500 miles on them and this they say is the reason I should replace the other tire is the fact that I would have one new and one old; balancing factor ????????

Does anyone know whether or not the Wilderness is being made anymore ???

Any suggestions are welcome. Probably the first thing I should do is get another opinion from a different dealer.

Jm

Reply to
John S. Mickler

Does anyone know whether or not the Wilderness is being made anymore ???

Any suggestions are welcome. Probably the first thing I should do is get another opinion from a different dealer.

Jm

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I'm confused. It was my understanding (from reading) that all 4 tires on Subaru AWD (and probably other AWD/4WD) needed to be very (within 1/4"?) close the the same circumference to reduce 'torque bind' or issues related to stress on the differentials and AT clutch packs.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Yousuf Khan wrote:

Reply to