2000 Mercury Cougar

I have a 2000 Mercury Cougar & everytime it rains my passenger side floor board is ALWAYS soaked, i mean there's always @ least a couple of inches of water. I've checked the rubber around the door and it seems to be fine, i just cant seem to figure out where it's leaking...

Reply to
Akerns8407

Around the windshield?

A whole in the cowling?

Reply to
Calab

Bad seal around the sunroof. Plugged drain holes in the bottom of the door. Plugged drain in teh bottom of the heater's air intake box.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Reply to
Akerns8407 via CarKB.com

Reply to
Akerns8407 via CarKB.com

If it's a factory sunroof than it's probably not leaking. They do have drain holes. you can put some compressed air in it to see.

the problem is most likely the drain holes in the fenders. That's where the water drains when it coems off your windshield. It's hard to decribe but just follow where the water goes. It gets filles with leaves and junk and over time it composts there and cloggs the hole. Then it backs up and floods your HVAC fan.

Reply to
zzyzzx