1999 mercury cougar govenor/limiter

i want to know if anyone out there has any info on how to go about removing the govenor on the 99 cougar i dont know if its the computer a wire on the tranny or if its a chip by the tranny any help at all would be appreciated thanks

Reply to
blackdog2

Three words... programmer (hey, I never said I could count)... This strategy is built into the PCM...

FWIW, the car goes fast enough to kill people in stock trim...

Reply to
Jim Warman

You are out of luck, it is in the microprocessor.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to