92 Subaru Legacy wierd AC noise- relay?

Hi all,

I've had this Legacy for about 2 weeks and I really like the car. It has one odd noise that I've been so far unable to sort out.

This only happens with the AC on.

A few minutes after I turn the air conditioner on, I hear what sounds most easily described like a relay opening and closing somewhere up under the dash/glovebox area. A faint, but not TOO faint, click.

I opened the hood to listen there, with the engine running, but couldn't hear it much there. It sounds loudest inside the passenger compartment. It sometimes clicks once or twice in a 5-second interval(about), and then sometimes will click 10 times in a row. The AC blows cold, no performance issues, but the AC system is one thing that I have no maintenance records on for this car.

any ideas?

t i a,

k wallace

Reply to
k wallace

could be a vent opening and closing ? check your vacume hoses?

Reply to
tudysmuck