97 ford f-150 4.2l

I'm thinking about buying but am hesitant because of what I've read on these engines. Appears that they are notorius for gasket failure resulting in coolant leaking into engine potentialy resulting in engine failure. Are my fears well-founded? Or am I being too paranoid? Or are these engines known as junk to a techie? Asking price is $2500 and it looks in great shape except for very minor dent. I want to use it for hauling building debris and materials. Thanks in advance for any advice-or opinions KG

Reply to
geo.nova