99 Mercury Villager grinding noise

Hi, I own a 1999 Mercury Villager Estate van. Recently I started hearing noises under the front end of the van. The first noise occured when I would press on the gas after coming to a stop. It sounded like 2 or three bumps....I'm not really sure how to describe it, it is not a sound like metal hitting metal, more like the sound a vehicle makes while going over a bump, but not as severe. This does not happen every time I press on the gas after coming to a stop, but probably 60% of the time. The second noise occurs less often, but after the 'bumping' I have been hearing a grinding noise. This also stops once I have pressed fully on the gas pedal and have accellerated. I have not had any trouble starting the van, and I do 'feel' the noise under the front end of the van as they occur, just like a slight vibration under my feet.

Does anyone have any idea what can be causing this?

Thanks, Shannon

Reply to
Shazu

HI Shannon

It could be a motor mount or a transmission mount has gone bad. I had a motor mount break in a v-8 Duster and it would make noise on acceleration (the fan was hitting the upper radiator hose!) also the air cleaner would "bump" the hood.

Good luck

Andy

Reply to
gsxr711