1995 Mercury Villager Problems

I have a 1995 Mercury Villager Mini Van. We use to drive our disabled daughter around. Two days ago it wouldn?t start. We tested the starter and cylinoid and it got nothing so we replaced it. It still won?t start.

New starter Cylinoid on, battery is good, when you turn over all you hear is the starter click in and out. The engine will not turn over. Think it may be electronic but don?t have any idea where to start.

Any ideas? Thanks. Pudge

Reply to
Pudge

i think you have a bad cable problem. try by passing the solenoid and got with juice straig to the starter. see if that will turn the engine over. i had a similar problem with my ford explorer. it turned out to be a corroded positve cable. ev

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

BIG-EV

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > >
thank you very much, you were very helpful.

When I read what you put, I went out and bypassed the positive line. The van started immediately. The positve cable was bad. We replaced all the cables and it has fixed the problem.

Thanks again, wouldn?t have had any idea where to start!!

Reply to
Pudge