Alternator help with 1985 toyota corolla

Last year my alternator died on me in my 85 toyota corolla, so naturally i had it replaced. but now, not even a year later it seems to be gone again! It started off with just the warning lights for charging my battery, then over the days i lost all electricity, I did not even have brake lights. Is there a possibility that this is not the whole alternator and maybe just the brushes or something. I have checked the belt and it is fine.

Reply to
Mattdringenberg

Mike Walsh

What kind of alternator are you using? I know its an 85 corolla, but you can't expect the cheap stuff to last.

Reply to
jfrancis311

Did you get an OEM alternator, or did you get a cheap reman from a chain store?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Very often an alternator can be repaired or overhauled much cheaper than buying new. A lot depends on the alternator and the price and quality of the parts.

If you have a local alternator shop, talk to them. They may be able to help you;

Reply to
<HLS