Ashtray door

This is a non-tech matter but a frustrating one. I have a 1999 Cadillac Concours. I don't smoke and have never used the ashtray, located on the center console. As of the sudden, the hinged door won't stay shut. This problem started after I vaccuum-cleaned the car. Does anybody know what mechanism keeps the door shut and how to fix it? I mean, didn't the vaccuum suck up a spring, or something?

Reply to
Alwann