BMW 580i front right turn indicator light

Anyone have any suggestions as to where i can get a new turn indicator light for my 580i? I've tried a couple on-line sources with no luck.

Reply to
partley

A good brick and mortar auto parts house should have the bulb, otherwise the BMW dealer.

Reply to
John S.

I neglected to mention this is for an '81. The lense part is what i need, already got the bulb.

Reply to
partley

Start searching the boneyards and Ebay.

Reply to
John S.

I've never heard of a 580i, so I can't even begin to advise you. An '81 5-series should be a 528 or 530/533/535 maybe? I don't think that a 545 was ever made, the turbo engine was limited to the 7er as I recall, and not introduced until the mid-80s (I may be mistaken on some of the finer details, I'm going on memory here)

nate

Reply to
N8N

Did you try a dealer? I am really amazed at how many parts for the old

5-series cars are still available from dealer inventory.

That said, there is an excellent BMW junkyard down in Virginia Beach, VA. for such things, if you can live with a used one. Apt to be kind of brittle though.

Did you call Bavarian Autosport? Ignore the website, use the phone and ask them.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey
580i? What is this? 8 L engine??