Fiesta MK3 Right turn Indicator failed ?

Our fiesta mk3 right turn indicator has failed. If you click the switch for a right turn, you hear a fast clicking and none of the dashboard/rear/front/repeater lights work on the right hand side. Left is ok. If I turn on the hazard warning all external lights flash correctly so bulbs etc are ok. If is was the flasher relay which has failed I guess none of the hazard or left turn indicators would work ? So I'm guessing it is the indicator switch itself ? Does this sound right ?

Reply to
tonyb

It is more likely the hazard switch. operate the hazard switch a good few times with a quick stab of the finger, it will quite probably recover after a bit of abuse. I often find this fault on cars I take for mot, usually on fords.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for the tip. I have worn my finger out, but to no avail. Guess I'll have to get a new switch !

Reply to
tonyb

vauxhalls were the worst,forever seeing them come in with bits of paper jammed in them !

Reply to
reg

Just to complete the story, after I did all the pushing of the hazard switch to no avail, I started the engine, it started working fine after that, and has remained good.

Thanks for the tip. I have worn my finger out, but to no avail. Guess I'll have to get a new switch !

Reply to
Tony B

Perhaps the extra voltage of charging from the running engine helped, along with the multi stabbing of course !! Something like 99 out of a hundred with your symptoms it is the hazard switch.

Reply to
Mrcheerful