Briggs and Stratton 20 hp gas problem

It will not start. Add fuel direct cyls.,starts,burns fuel,stops what pressure from fuel pump? should engine run on gravity fed fuel? switch, bottom of carb.??? Thanks

Reply to
David Dawe

That's a fuel shut off solenoid. Make sure it "clicks" when you turn on the ignition. I'd also check for a clogged fuel filter.

Reply to
Bill Kapaun

Drain the fuel out of the carburetor float bowl, it might have lots of water in it. Tighten the float screw down when done, or else you could get gasoline coming out everywhere, even the breather tube. You might also need to get gas someplace else, or need the carburetor re-adjusted.

Dan

Reply to
dstvns

Just a guess but if the fuel bowl is full, you may have a busted diaphram. I didn't catch the original post.

Reply to
TOLYN9