Casting Numbers

I am in the process of buying a 454 that has been pro. overhauled, the guy wants 2000 for it. What I would like to know is on the casting no.

361959P what is the p for....also on the block is the letters HO passenger along with J 13 . 75. I have gone to MorTec and found the no to a 73-90 2 or 4 bolt but that is it... This is my first 454 install, backed up with a 700R4 and it going in a 1965ss Malibu. I would like to get as much HP out of the 454 with bolt ons ( heads, intake, carb, cam and Headers ) hoping for 500+ hp. Any help will be greatly excepted
Reply to
65 Malibu man

You are going to do this at today's gasoline prices? Do you have any idea how fast that bugger is going to drink go juice? When you punch it, you will use 1/4 tank in the first couple of miles. IOW, 0.2 miles/gallon. I've run a 442 IIRC, and you didn't know if you were looking at the speedo or the fuel gauge, they were both moving so fast.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman