454 Partial VIN Identification

I have a 73 c10 that came with a 454 originally (CCZ) but the current

454 is probably not the one that came with it...

The 'partial vin' number on the front of the engine is

TO412TRH

37CE91593

I think the T is Tonawanda, and 0412 might be April 12, ....

I want to make sure I am getting the correct replacement parts. What else can you tell me about the motor????

Reply to
mgarrfl

check out these 2 , usually the casting number is on the back of the block left hand side , just below the head , where its really hard to see

454 is probably not the one that came with it...

The 'partial vin' number on the front of the engine is

TO412TRH

37CE91593

I think the T is Tonawanda, and 0412 might be April 12, ....

I want to make sure I am getting the correct replacement parts. What else can you tell me about the motor????

Reply to
Chevy

Here, try this link. It should be able to tell you what the engine is out of.

Rob Smith

Thank you Rob Smith!!

Looks like

TRH = 73, 74, 77, 78 truck

37 I have not found out what this means...

CE91593 = Crate Engine ???

Here is a pic of the eng suffix and partial vin

The block Casting - 3999289 - 1972-78 454 (Don't know about the T12??)

and block casting date - C 28 73 - March 28 73 ????

mgarrfl