Chinese cars coming.

When I went to China the first place we drove was to leave the airport. We barely were up to speed when the honking started. And it continued all the way to the hotel. And everyplace else we drove. The Chinese honk for EVERYTHING. If there is the slightest chance a car near you might get within 6 feet of you the driver will honk. It's absolutely incredible. There is so much honking it is meaningless.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I was in the Army.One of the places Unca Sam sent me was Vietnam,in

1964.I did my five days R&R in Hong Kong.They drive on the wrong side of the streets over there.I almost got nailed by a car over there. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

Supposedly China is no longer an enemy. I have had some experience with Chinese motorcycles and 4 wheelers. They are definitely inferior to other machines on the market. They are cheap so some people still buy them.

I wouldn't want to be the first one on the block to buy a Chinese car. I suspect the first cars they import will be cheap and possibly poor quality. However the quality will rapidly improve. Just like the Japanese products did.

I suspect that the Chinese will rapidly improve their quality following the Japanese model.

At present the Chinese are exporting automobile components in quantity to the US. Unless you drive a vintage car chances are there are some Chinese parts are in your car.

I prefer for my cars to say Chevy or Dodge on them. I want my cars made in the USA. I can't do much about the components that go into them. However I know several people that support their families by building cars here so I intend to help them keep a job if possible.

Reply to
donc314