engine cylinder volume querry

;)

Reply to
cavedweller

Been a long time since geometry, thanx for setting me straight....

Reply to
John S.

Yes, it can and it does. And the shape of the piston does not affect the volume of air displaced (at least in the static sense) because the shape is the same at BDC and TDC and thus cancels out. The volume CHANGE is still equal to a perfect cylinder of the same diameter and height equal to the stroke. In the real world, piston crown shape and combustion chamber shape can affect compression ratio which in turn can effect volumetric efficiency by ensuring a more complete exhaust stroke, but that's not really a measure of "displacement."

Reply to
Steve

I think you may have missed the rhetorical nature of my question......and I have been waiting for VE to appear. :))

Reply to
cavedweller