FUSE KEEPS BLOWING

Hi, I have a jeep Cherokee 1996 (p) Every time I turn the ignition I blow the 40A ignition fuse, It did this once about a year ago but hasn't happened since (until now) now it

does it every time. As far as can tell there must be a short somewhere??? Has anyone had the same problem or has an idea how to fix this?? Could it be the ignition switch?

Thanks,

Reply to
nick.barnes

Ignition switch would be a good guess. Put a bulb in series with the battery, turn on the key, and start shaking and wiggling things until it dims or brightens.

Does the fuse blow in the ON position, or do you have to turn it all the way to START?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey