96 Grand cherokee keeps blowing the igntion fuse????

I have a 96 Grand cherokee that keeps blowing the igntion Fuse under the hood its a 40 amp.

Has only happened twice both.months apart.

At first I thought the wife overloaded it. Started it with everything on . ...heaters wipers lights etc.

This time the only thing on was the radio.

Only other thing is maybe........we have a after factory car starter but that seems to work good most of the time.

Anybody have any ideas???

My first step ...im going to replace the battery terminals(posts0..they are worn and won't tighten down too good on the posts. I can still move them a little by hand.

then maybe I'll start looking for loose wires.

thanks guys.

Brian

Reply to
bmaty