Glow Plugs

Do glow plugs wear out like a spark plug or just go out like a light? To rephrase can a glow plug still have continuity but be less effective than a new one?

Reply to
stemo76

A glow-plug is just a heating element, it works just like the heating element in your hot water heater. they go bad the same way too, all at once. are you having a problem with your glow plugs, or are you thing about routine maintence?

Reply to
187

I live in a mild climate near Seattle so the need for them is light. I was just wondering because if I did have 1 or more go bad I would just replace them all if they wear. If they are work or don't work I would probably just replace the ones that didn't work. I have just noticed a couple of times that my truck did not start as easy as it normally does. Thanks for the answer.

Reply to
stemo76