Grinding rear brakes on relatively new car

When I first got my 2004 PT Cruiser, I regularly used my emergency brake. I've since stopped since now I'm hearing a grinding noise from the rear brakes whenever I apply the brakes. Plus, I can smell the brakes after a long ride. I've only got 12,800 miles on this car but the factory warranty has expired for the brakes after 12K miles. So do you think it's a failed emergency cable/system? If so, that's covered. Any tips on how I should proceed?

TIA JaKe Seattle

Reply to
jkdrummer

Shep

Second the motion. Have them looked at... It could simply be lining powder or something simple, but dont risk your life on it. Be sure.

Reply to
<HLS