brakes grinding

94 pathfinder right front has a grinding noise and when u press the brakes there is a grinding noise also noticed the rotor has deep scoring if I have to have the rotor turned and a new caliper about how much am I looking at
Reply to
hwyman

"hwyman" quipped:

Probably don't need new calipers, just the rotors need to be either turned or replaced and of course, new pads.

If you do it yourself (e.g. buy the new rotors and pads), total cost is around $125.

Get it done at a shop and it'll probably be twice that much.

Reply to
amstaffs

How old are the brakes? It sounds like you have something wedged between the pads and rotor. I had this happen once, and it cost me new rotors as a result.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

I guess you picked up a stone...