How good are the windshield repair places?

New car has some stone hits, about the size of a quarter (i.e. chip and small cracks radiating from them). I see several windshield repair places in the phonebook, some mobile, and was wondering if they really do a good job and if the repair is less visible.

Any feedback on them and the cost involved?

Tia.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Generally, yes, but avoid places that claim they'll wave the deductible on windshield replacement (not repair) since they're comitting insurance fraud. Also avoid highly confident, talkative people since they tend to be more careless and less skilled craftsman. You may want to ask car dealers and customerizers who they use. Your insurance company may cover the full cost of repair.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

If you have comp coverage on your car then glass damage is included. Check with your insurance company for a list of recommended repair shops. Depending on the extent of damage and location they may repair rather than replace the glass. If they opt to replace the glass I would insist on original glass from the car manufacturer and not aftermarket stuff for reasons of quality.

Reply to
John S.