How to check for space *before* denting hood?

So today I used the near-styrofoam** and there's enough room. **It's not open foam like styrofoam but a bunch of "plastic" spheres 1/2" in diameter. all stuck togeher. But it doesn't spring back.

Also, Firestone was open and they sell Interstate Batteries, and they had the very same model I have now. No handle. And room for the Battery Buddy. At first I didn't know where to buy Interstate -- thought it came from one of those autoparts stores -- but their very good webpage shows about half Firestone and a similar number of independent mechanics. P.S. The height dimension includes the posts!!

Tomorrow will be colder.

Reply to
micky

***** This is the answer I like best.
Reply to
hls

BTDT: Used a layer of newspaper at the bottom, added a sealed baggie of 90 minute drywall mud, layer of paper on top and closed hood. Next morning had the perfect impression of the space. If cured mud can be cut to roughly the shape of the device all is well.

Joe

Reply to
Joe