how to get my hood open ?

The latch handle pulled back & the steel cable came back but the hood latch did not release The cable stayed back. I've tried WD40 into the latch. I can't get a tool to the latch. It looks like maybe the grill needs to come off to get access but I'm not sure it can be removed with the hood closed. Any one have suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
drader

On my '97 I can fit long, needle nose pliers in enough to grab the cable where it is connected to the latch. Pull the cable, and the latch opens. No need to take the grill off, which by the way requires the hood to be open to remove.

Reply to
Alpine

I had a similar problem with my 88 Bronco II... the spring in the latch just wore out. I had to have someone HOLD the handle pulled inside the truck, so I could release the latch. That worked...

Reply to
Robert A. Matern