How to Check Plate

I am wanting to attempt to check plate my defender 130 my self but i am exactly not sure how i sould go about it.

1) Should I being using rivets of skrews to connect the plate 2) Should i use any kind of adesive between the plate and the car. 3) Do i have to seal the places where i have made holes for connecting the plate. 4) What Kind of check plate should i be using.

any input would be a great help,

Reply to
James

James uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Either, I prefer screws but don't use steel.

Nope, no need.

Nope My IIa had plate on for years no issues.

Ally,

You can cut it with a jig saw. If I were you though I'd buy a sheet, it isn't cheap mind and then mark out cardboard templates and get an engineers / fabricator with a plasma cutter to do the necessary.

Simpler option would be to visit ebay. The older I get the more I like the simple options.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:52:09 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

the simple option if you have money is to buy a kit of plates ready-cut; ISTR such things being advertised.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

$checkedBack = 0

$where="In Front of"

CheckPlate()

$where=behind

$CheckedBack = 1 CheckPlate()

;////////////////////////// Func CheckPlate() Stand $where vehicle Look for Number Plate Check Number Plate if $CheckedBack = 1 then exit EndFunc

Im in a STUPID mood today :):):)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

$checkedBack = 0

$where="In Front of"

CheckPlate()

$where=behind

$CheckedBack = 1 CheckPlate()

;////////////////////////// Func CheckPlate() Stand $where vehicle Look for Number Plate Check Number Plate if $CheckedBack = 1 then exit EndFunc

Im in a STUPID mood today :) :) :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Code Change!

$checkedBack = 0

$where="In Front of"

CheckPlate()

$where="behind"

$CheckedBack = 1 CheckPlate()

;////////////////////////// Func CheckPlate() msgbox(64,"","Stand "&$where&" vehicle") msgbox(64,"","Look for Number Plate") msgbox(64,"","Check Number Plate") if $CheckedBack = 1 then msgbox(0,"","Number Plate Checked!") exit EndIf EndFunc

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Not to mention a functional language mode, if I'm not mistaken... If I wasn't so rusty I'd redo it in prolog!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

found(number_plate, eyes)

one or two bits to fill in ;-)

and no fish, chips *or* peas in sight.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Its for AutoIt, which is more scripting than programming....

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On or around Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:18:14 +0100, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

fubar:> compile platechecker.foo :: ::compiler error 37 in line 4:

::compiler error 23 in func checkplate():

::compiler error 23 in func checkplate():

::compiler error 21 in func checkplate():

::compiler error 23 in func checkplate():

::compiler error 21 in func checkplate():

:: ::compilation terminated abnormally with :: 6 ::errors. fubar:>

yer not the only one. BTW, is it a real language? In theory, I shoudl be able to do that sort of fuvg in ADA, but mercifully I've forgotten it.

When I were in Uni, we got a new DEC ADA to run on the DEC 5830 mainframes which the computer unit had. (which were a beast of a machine, triple processors and all sorts, and a deeply flawed port of CBS which snarled them up all the time).

At which time a friend of mine successfully compiled and ran a "hello world" in DEC ADA, the resultant executable was 832KB. The same program on the Suns that the compsci department ran was a mere 400-odd KB.

This produced some sarcastic comment about overheads.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:30:02 +0100, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. can't pick so many holes in that one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

More like static linking!

Blimey I think we're getting a little off-topic here, even for this place..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Makes you realise why the military use ADA :) (I'm assuming they still do, they did when I was working in the UK defence industries back in the '80s)

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

Surely passing parameters to a function using global variables is frowned upon these days. Shouldn't it be more like :-

$where="In Front of" CheckPlate($where)

Regards,

Dave.

Mark Solesbury wrote:

Reply to
Dave Gibbs

probably - so much of my life appears to be frowned upon by professional worryers that I can no longer identify any meaningful message amongst the nonsense.

btw: top posting just isn't the convention used in these parts - some would probably frown upon that ;)

Reply to
William Tasso

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles at snipped-for-privacy@ddol-las.net wrote on 21/6/06 2:17 pm:

Bruce, having been thoroughly disgusted at the price of pre-cut kits, and not too impressed by the price of the sheets, therefore refraining from the purchase, was very pleased to find that our local scrap yard had a big bin of it outside the office door and bought two large sheets with slight damage to a couple of the edges. After a few seconds on the scales he was very pleased to be told £19. He lined his trailer and made some ramps from one sheet (makes the loading of motorbike or quad much easier) and is saving the second sheet for some project he has in mind for the old Discovery.

Reply to
Nikki

Hmm, top posting or bottom posting, I've only just discovered the difference between the two, and am still not sure why it matters so much to people. I'll stick to the bottom if that's de-rigour.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Gibbs

Bottom posting makes it a lot easier to follow the flow of a thread and put replies into context.

Not unlike all deciding to drive on the left makes motoring easier. :-)

Reply to
EMB

Unless you have a LHD vehicle.

Funnily enough (since we are already waaaaaaay OT), before I moved out to France, I was all in favour of driving on the left, keeping the Pound, imperial measures for the road, let's keep Britishness the same etc. etc. Now I'm here, all that stuff is just, well, inconvenient. I have to say that it's so much nicer to be able to decide I'm going to drive down to Spain (or Italy, or across to Germany) without having to cary my passport, or remember to change cash, or put stickers on the headlights, or any of that guff.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

As long as you remember to drive on the right, all should be fine. :o)

-- Andy

Reply to
Fuzzy