Ignition problems

I'm not a mechanic and often my curiosity gets the best of me· I'm having ignition trouble with my 40 chev coupe· After installing a chrome cover for the ignition coil? I noticed that I had inadvertantly pulled apart a wire that came off the negative terminal of the coil going to a wire block mounted on the fire wall· After repairing the wire ? the vehicle will not fire now· (turns over fine but won't fire)· I've tried using a tester and when ignition is on (not cranking) the light goes on when touched to the positive and the negative terminal (each tried seperately)· There is also power to the wire block on the firewall·&#8194

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this problem or determine exactly what went wrong? My automotive knowledge is limited so please ?dumb it down? for me

Chris

-- chrisg

View this thread:

Send from