85 Saab 900s problems/ curiosity questions?

I'm looking at this saab 900s(1985), The guy only wants 375.00 for it(blue book value). It runs very strong... has some miles on it. (248K, motor has been replaced about 100k ago.) However, it has a few minor problems.. mainly niceties...(As I only really need me a beater to get back and forth to work(4 miles one way)

But just curious if anyone can tell me what it would cost to fix them?

Curiosity question:

  1. Did this model ever have heated seats? (quite nice.. keeps my quirky lower back warm and muscles loose =)

Problems

  1. Tachometer doesn't work(Well.. at least the cluster isn't showing it working correctly.)

  1. Fuel gauge doesn't work... however, the cluster will flash the low fuel light when you have low fuel. (Go figure)

  2. 2nd gear is a bit quirky. It has trouble going into the gear..it will just "pop" in. However, it drives in the gear quite well when it's in. No other gear has problems. Could this be a possible worn gear synchro?
Reply to
Larry C.

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

My '85 registered T16S has Automatic heated seats, only they don't work. Probably element broekn. One day I might get round to fixing it.

First and second gear on my mine are notchy, and under deceleration, and then losing the load (clutching in) they occasionally pop out.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

sounds like a good deal for 300$ to me....

Reply to
_Al_

BTW, my "problems" with mine wouldn't have stopped me buying it.

I love it, even though I've been spending a fair bit on it recently.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

While researching electrical problems on my 1987 900, I read that the 85's had wire harness problems where the cover would deterorate from the wires leading to problems. That specific year was mentioned.

Reply to
polycledis