Kind of off topic, sort of.

I am going to change the oil in my walk behind little lawn mower.Is there some sort of dye I can add to the fresh oil that will make it easy to see when I check the oil level with the dip stick? Of course, I could do an old ''trick'' by drilling a little hole through the dip stick at the proper oil level mark. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Well, if you add some water to it, it will eventually get white or tan enough to see on the stick .

Pete

Reply to
ratatouillerat

Just add some oil based paint.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I drilled a hole in that sucker.Some lawn mowers nowadays are getting just like cars.Overhead cam shaft engines, electronic ignition, you name it, they have it.Next thing, they will have on lawn mower internet. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Even if the new oil is clear, it is easy enough to see the level by just angling the dipstick to the light.

Reply to
HLS