Mazda Protege oil change question

I have 2001 Mazda Protege with 2.0 liter engine. I want to start doing my own oil changes on it, but wondering how difficult and messy it is. What tools do I need - two ramps from Walmart would do I hope? What size and type of a wrench for the drain plug? Will the oil flow nicely into the drain pan or it will hit body parts on the way down and will drip all over the garage floor? Same question for the oil filter - is it looking downward or sideways and will it drip when you take it off? If the filter is seized is there enough clearance to put this thing (whatever you call it) around it for easy removal?

Thanks, Yan

Reply to
yvinogradov