Ping Hachi - Mazda Question

Hi Hachi, Been a while again. I have a question for you as a Mazda guy. My son this summer took apart his 2007 MazdaSpeed3 to put in a new clutch. Now he has it all together again, looking good, turns the key and only gets clicks at the relays. The headlights do not dim when the key is turned. I see no extra wires hanging around; all connections seem to be in order, and the connectors were taken off and put on again to 'ensure' they are connected. What would you do? Thanks, Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Start with the basics, like checking battery voltage, battery cable connections, and clutch safety switch. Feed 2 volts to the starter solenoid and see if the starter engages.

Reply to
Ray O

Will do. Zac just went back to college now so I get my initial crack at this this week. Let's hope it is easy. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Good luck, it is often something basic that causes trouble on these jobs.

Reply to
Ray O