My Quick CV boot works

Thanks or input before on Quick CV boot previously. On New Year day, out on the street, I put on q quick CV boot on the car. So far now in Feb, I inspected it again, it is still good. I will continue to check in future. This is the way I did it.

**Due to cold weather and do not have a garage, I decided to do quick cv boot instead of changing thw whole axle. I bought the quick cv boot from local Kragen auto store. Spend some time analyze it., and read instruction. Felt comfortable with it. At home, I glued the first half together. Left it overnight to cure. It did not come with enough glue. So I went to HomeDepot plumbing dept for gardening sprinkling system plastic pipe section, bought a can of PVC glue, and 3 packages of JB Quick epoxy bond, and a spool of 24 gauge wire. Came home. Drilled six holes on both sides of boot. Continue to glue the first half seal, let cure for 1 day. Finally my day off-new year day, I worked on the car and put on the boot. I removed the old one. Put on new one with half glued, finish glueing the other half with PVC glue . So the whole quick CV is in. Let cure for 1 hour lunch. Came back. Put wires into holes drilled and kind o like sewing it together. Then put JB Bond all over the glued joint and wires. Came back into the house and call it the day. The whole process of actually working on the car with quick CV joint took only 30 minutes to 45 minutes. Compare to change axle before that took 4 hours , or $400 to be done by other people. Since it was cured for whole day. It was ready to run next day. It holds good. So now I checked again in Feb, it is still good. **beauty is , now in future, may be 5 years if lst that long, I can open it , replace it, and add grease to CV joint if I want to, and put in another quick CV. **Problem I see with quick CV boot is exactly like all your inputs before: weak link is the glue. They did not provide enough glue. **Thanks , guys for input and help. Comment?
Reply to
Philip5malin