what will take to make Quick CV boot to work

I changed my axle on Ford 1984 Escort 1 month ago for driver side inner CV boot torn. Probably ran over something. One month later, it is torn again. Probably ran over something again. I am not going to spend the time and money to replace axle, or change the normal CV boot like normal in so quick a time again., not until 6 months later. I like to look into quick CV boot or split cv boot. I understand it does not last more than 5 minutes. Then my question is what make it not last. Is the joint not able to seal tight? What if I use wires to sew it up , and epoxy the joint/seal. How are you guys approach suggestion for simply fix before 6 months. (other than not driving, or leave it again)

Reply to
Philip5malin

The only way to make a "quick boot" work is don't use one!!! there is nothing you can do to make one work. They should have never invented them. It seems unlikely you ran over something twice and tore the inner boot. Very un-likely tearing it the first time. Make sure nothing is interferring with the boot. They don't just tear. Replace it with a "good" one peice boot, not a cheap one!

Reply to
thenitedude

Philip5malin wrote in news:1cd33c6d-0b05-4e96- snipped-for-privacy@40g2000prx.googlegroups.com:

You didn't run over anything.

Was the inner boot puckered after you installed the shaft? Then you neglected to admit additional air into the boot after the inner joint assumed its installed position. That's why it split.

This will happen to you each and every time until you learn to remove the inner boot's small band after installation, allow the boot to un-pucker, then install a new band.

Reply to
Tegger

A friend had that problem on a Ford Taurus and it turned out to be a bad ball joint allowing the CV joint to expand thus tearing up the boot.

They don't 'normally' just tear....

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

sorta the same thing-92 buick-bad motor mount.

Reply to
WWS