Need help repairing 79 Corvette power antenna

I finally got the power antenna out of my 79. The motor works fine in both directions but it appears that the cable has broken and run up into the mast section. The antenna will only run down about halfway so the cable must be jammed inside. Does anyone know how to disassemble the shaft section of the power antenna assembly? It's the rare CB option and I would like to keep it original. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
bobl

First off, I am not familiar with that particular antenna. However, all the power ones I know about are basically the same. Take the cover off the gear, the rack gear pops out, and the mast comes out. The rack gear is permanently attached to the mast. If you need a new mast, give these guys a call:

Paºul <pyªats@texxxas.net>